I've been nominated by Adrian for Liebster Awards!!! And I'm so happy about it!!! ^^
Adrian is my sister-in-law and I love and admire her so much!!!!
If you need some more explanation about this award, it's a good idea to read the post she wrote about it on her blog!
She asked me to make it a vlog, but I've been trying to figure out how to make it in an interesting way, and I got so anxious about talking to the camera for you guys to watch! I guess I'm not ready yet to take this big step, so let me grow this idea on my mind first!!! :)
It's 1:30a.m. here in Brasil and I don't usually sleep that late! I kept thinking about how to write this post, how to make it really nice (awards!ahh!!), but maybe this time it's supposed to be direct and simple, since I've been blocked all day and can't think of how I could make this right!
"Here are the rules for receiving this award:
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves
- Answer the questions that the tagger set for you plus create 11 questions for the people you've tagged to answer.
- Choose 11 people and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell tehm
- No tag backs!"
How can I say 11 things about myself! It's too much!! LOL! Let me try...
- Well, I'm a really shy person, but nobody believes that! I get kinda scared when meeting new people and my defense mechanisms are either getting quiet, or excessively talkative, or rude (it sucks)...
- I don't memorize names and faces very well, so if you know me, just talk to me a little that I'll remember you!
- Most of the time I don't focus on who I look at on the street, so if you walk by me at the street and I "ignore" you, I'm not actually ignoring you. Call my attention!!!
- When I was a small child learning how to walk, I used to walk in the opposite direction my parents wanted me to go. ALWAYS.
- My house is on top of my parents' house. And the entire house used to be only my bedroom when I was living with them!
- Every time I go down to my parent's house I open the refrigerator for no apparent reason. And I have no idea why! It's like an OCD.
- Another OCD I used to have it's when my sister lived with me. I used to start following her no matter where she was going. And every time she asked me why I was doing that I really didn't know the reason!!!
- I hate yellow. I think I hate it so much because of a song my dad used to sing to me when I was a child, in which a cat gives his girlfriend cat a dress and it's yellow. And she hated the dress because it was yellow and destroyed the dress...
- I LOVE books, but I'm lazy and I don't read as much as I would like to.
- I love dancing, but I don't like going out to nightclubs and things like that. Crowded places are not for me!!!
- I'm obsessed with the idea of buying roller skates to start practicing roller derby because of a cousin of mine who told me about it today!
Let's see if I can answer all of Adrian's questions properly!
I started blogging on January 28th (this year!)... I spend a lot of time online just doing nothing and it annoys me a little. I wanted to do something more productive with my time than just checking my social network accounts or looking for ideas I was never going to actually use. And I know I make lots of mistakes when I'm writing and speaking English, I'm a EFL (English as a Foreign Language) teacher in Brasil. It's not my first language, so I have to practice a lot so I can learn! And I believe I have to be an example to my students, so how can I ask them to study and practice what they learn if I don't do the same!
I have lived in five different states in Brasil so far. And I have traveled a lot with my family inside our country. One of my biggest dreams in life is to know many different places and cultures. I want to move to the U.S. because I love English and it would be nice to live in a place where I can live the language. But I would love to live in any other country for a while, so I can absorb as much as I can from every part of the world! But seriously, I really want to have a house in the countryside, with lots of animals and plants and where I can live peacefully with my family and friends, chilling.
When I was younger I used to collect everything about frogs. I love frogs!!! But I don't have a collection of a specific theme right now... I guess I collect MESS!!!
I hate the sensation of being followed. If I'm walking on the street and there's someone walking behind me, I rather stop and wait for the person to keep their way so I can resume walking. Or when my husband starts running behind me I panic! I lose control and start screaming, asking him to stop!!! He think it's funny... ¬¬
I guess they do, but they probably have no interest at all about it! Some of them are my facebook friends and they surely can see my status update when I say there's a new blog post, but I have never heard any comments about it. Some of my students have read my blog, though! And it makes me really happy that they are reading in English! Specially because lots of them tell me they don't like reading...
No one has recognized me from my blog... Maybe because I'm not as sociable as many people, or because blogging is not so popular among people I hang out with, or probably because I live in Brasil, my blog is not in our language and there are lots of people here who doesn't like to read where I live!!
I don't read so many blogs anymore... I used to check lots of popular blogs in Portuguese but now I'm trying to stay offline as much as possible so I can (at least try) to be more productive. But some blogs I check almost every day, such as my tattoo artist and really good friend Lee, my beautiful sis-in-law Adrian and my friend (and cat lover) Érica.
I would DEFINITELY eat one cockroach. Specially if it's deep fried, chicken fried, roasted or something like that! I haven't done it (yet), but I surely would! Yum!
I would walk barefoot. I love it! It's really good to feel everything under your feet, feel the energy when walking on grass, the heat when walking on the pavement, the cold when walking inside the house... Actually, I don't have so many shoes... And I love my feet because they are both tattooed with flowers (a rose and a carnation), because of a children's song (in Portuguese) that tells the story of an argument they had and both of them got really hurt afterwards... Kind of a sad song, but it's cute!
I usually spend around 3 minutes on my makeup, but I could do it for hours! I love using makeup and I think it's a lot of fun to try different things!!!
My favorite thing about blogging is when my friend from Nebraska Trista told me I was inspiring her children on having plants in the house. I was so proud of myself that day that it gave me strength to keep blogging! Sometimes I think I'm not making any difference, but it's so good when people say me I'm helping them anyway they need! It's such a positive feeling that I'm going to try harder to keep going!!!
Yay! I hope Adrian likes my answers!!! I'm really happy for receiving this award from her and she's a very special person in my life!
As I told you above, I don't have so many blog friends yet... :( So here I go, breaking rules again!!! I'm not capable to tag 11 people! So I guess tagging the ones I know it's just fine... right?
Bloggers I would like to write 11 random things about themselves and answer my questions (English or Portuguese) are:
- Helio and
- William, who has a blog but I don't remember the address and because he hasn't put anything new there that I know of for years now!!!
I'm sorry, guys! But I'm still trying to figure this blog addiction out! I know other people who have blogs, but they are even less likely to answer to my questions... :(
But if you follow or read my blog, PLEASE feel free to answer and send it to me!!! It's going to make me very happy!!!!!!
Oh! The questions are:
- What is the perfect age to get married in your opinion and why?
- Do you have any guilty pleasures?
- Is there something you hate doing but you have to anyway in your routine?
- Could you write about an embarrassing or funny situation that has happened to you?
- If you could be a movie or cartoon villain, who would you be and why?
- Do you have or would like to have any artistic abilities?
- What would you do if you had a million dollars for just one day?
- What is your biggest concerns at this moment of your life?
- Could you write about someone you know only on the internet, but feels like you are friends?
- What is your dream job?
- Please, give three words to describe your personality and explain why!
I hope you guys liked this post!!! My computer froze during the process and it's now 3:12a.m. and I still don't feel like sleeping... I'm sure I'm not going to feel good tomorrow!!! So I really have to try to sleep... Thank you for reading!